Friday, April 3, 2009

Duh? A Guide for the Perplexed

Don't know what's happening really......got an email from Amazon yesterday indicating that they were making a refund to my card, but on checking my order status, I see that my order (Sisters of Sinai) is still 'live' with an estimated delivery date of a couple of weeks. I ordered it from The Book Depository via Amazon and on checking the former, found that they still claim to have it in stock. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see if it turns up. I have, however, spent the money allocated for it in my current account: on an Everyman guidebook for our upcoming trip to Venice. The Everyman guides are sumptuous - too heavy to lug around in a daysack (as are the equally fine Dorling Kindersley versions) but essential for finding out about hidden treasures that are not flagged up by the far shorter and more portable 'InSight' guide (with map) that I bought in preparation last week. The 'Everyman' is the sort of thing to pore over on the plane, planning out itineraries, or over breakfast, or dinner, or sitting up in bed at the hotel.

No comments: